Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Trying new things, and dropping off men

What broke my day:Miscommunication. Today I was supposed to have a lunch date at 1. Key word:supposed. Didn't happen. Okay, it wasn't technically a date, but we've been good friends for like forever, and we were going to go out just the two of us, and in college, that is a date. Informal, friendly, sweet, and none of that awkward stuff. This boy has put my heart through the ringer, and I'm kind of over him. I mean, I do not need to deal with having m heart strewn across a floor of glass, and I'm comfortable with being just friends. Well, of course as soon as I decide that there is a whole new world of hot opportunities, he decides that he wants to go on a date. Whatever, he said he had a bad weekend and as a friend I feel that I need to be there for him. So, we were supposed to go out for lunch at 1 p.m. after I got out of work. I texted him after I got out of work....nothing. I texted him again and asked where we were meeting....nothing. I get to my dorm and the boy is on facebook. After a half hour of waiting I finally break down and FB message him saying I don't want to be the needy clingy friend but I have class at 3....the boy logs off facebook. then, and hour before I have to go to class, he texts me saying he thought it was three....Uh...I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I have some learning to do at that time. And now he wants to reschedule...make up your freaking mind.  Just because of this 'miscommunication' my heart went through a roller coaster of feelings from, I'll give him a chance...to I can't believe you just did that, to I don't want to see you ever again....to fine, I'll give you another chance. But in the meantime, this miscommunication means that I am going out this weekend to pick up hot boys...they have been added to the itinerary.


What made my day: Trying something new...even if I didn't like it. I think this is most definitely my mantra for the year. Ever since school started up I've  been trying new things, like rushing a sorority, and just doing it to say I've done it. Today's adventure:Sushi. Now, I am a vegetarian, and I have been for almost 4 years, but I'm getting sick of it, and have started eating fish, and am looking at dropping it. I think I will still maintain most of my vegetarian habits, but some meat every now and then won't be life breaking. So, anyways, back to the sushi. Tonight my floor and another floor in my dorm went out to get sushi....for free. The thought of eating raw fish and seaweed makes me want to puke, but I thought I would give it a try. First I struggled with the chopsticks, and hey, now I know how to use them so I can feel all cool and high class. Then came those little circles of mystery for me to try. My  R.A. swears by the tempura fried California roll..."It tastes just like chicken." While that was a lie, it was still decent and as long as it was drenched in soy sauce. But then came the normal California roll. It was slimy and gross and slid down my throat. And I tasted the crab...disgusting....not even lying. I waved my hands like a freak trying not to spit it out all over the table. While I was preforming this dance of the foodsick college girl, the entire restaurant was looking at me. I will never have a California roll ever again...unless it is deep fried the good old American way. Still I am proud that I did it and I can fully say that I do not like sushi (unless it's fried), and I'm not just being a whiny baby and not trying things.I am an adventurer, which is completely appropriate considering I go to the college that the first and last man on the moon attended, and Amelia Earhart attended. I mean, hey, some one's got to try it, and it might as well be this chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment