Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Guess I'm not as Smart as I thought, But at Least I'm Hot.

What broke my day: When you think you know what's going on, and then you feel like a fool because you don't really. Now, I'm talking about analyzing literature, but it is soooo ridiculously frustrating when this happens. Right now in my English class we are reading Faust by Goethe (pronounced: goarda or something to that effect.) Now, I absolutely love this author, I even have a little literary crush on him, but reading poetry from a really long time ago is not fun...in the least.  You know how hard it is to read Shakespeare, well this is essentially the same thing. A novel length work of poetry...totally hard core. Now, I love poetry, but for me to understand it fully, I have to go through every single line and translate it into American. That's right, American, not English, because technically it is in English. I'm talking a mix of ghetto, valley girl, super jock, and youtube. Well, I thought I got the gist of Faust and what was happening....nope. I thought a certain character wasn't smart, turns out...he kind of is. I totally missed the spot on some of the reasoning and now I feel stupid. You can buy a "no fear Shakespeare.' but there isn't a 'no fear Goethe", let alone a spark notes on it. So here I am trying to translate this into common English, I should just make av "no fear Goethe" and sell it to spark notes to pay off college. I mean, I did translate one thing correctly: Faust: "May I offer my arm and accompany/A beautiful lady on her way?" to "Can I have yo' numba?" I mean if it read that way, this would be a piece of cake and the 60 pages I have to read tonight wouldn't be so horrifyingly daunting.

What made my day: When the weather is absolutely, perfectly, wonderfully, perfect for running, (and yes, I am aware that I used the word perfect twice). I was actually able to go running outside today and not die within the first couple seconds of heatstroke. I wasn't sweating too bad, and I think I made it a mile and half. That's so nice that I actually want to go running, instead of coming up with some ridiculous excuse to not go because I'm absolutely the laziest person you will ever meet in this universe. Not even lying...I don't even walk to my garbage can that's three steps away. Like I'm that lazy. But feeling the cool breeze wisp past my face as my heart is pounding, my breath heady and my muscles working hard, pushing and pulling past the wind.  When you stop your legs feel all squishy like gelatin and your body gets that cool and refreshing chill  from your sweat.  You are sore the next day, but the good soreness that tells you that you are getting stronger and sweatier. There is nothing better than listening to the crunch of the gravel beneath your feet as you are propelled forward. It's like you can almost feel the weight melting (slowly) off your body. I should be a writer, oh wait....I am one . Sometimes I like to be overly dramatic, because creative writing is mostly my favorite, so sorry for that epic overdramaticism. But anyways, I do love running, it makes me feel so freaking athletic and beautiful, and hot. But, then I went to dinner and had french fries and cheesecake...and nothing else, so maybe I won't become sexy anytime soon. But here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment