Sunday, September 11, 2011

Death and its Cure

What broke my day: You know that saying, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all. That's how I've been feeling the past couple of days. I'm not saying that I've had a terrible weekend, but certain things have been consuming me and I barely thought about other things. but that's not what broke my day. What broke my day was death. Yesterday, my fb wife, Sarah, had to put her 12 year old dog down. Buster was as good as my dog, and what hurt more than the fact that I will never hear his feet trot across the floor at the sound of the word 'walk', is that I couldn't be there to support my best friend. Being 150 miles away from her, when all I wanted to do was give her a giant hug that would nearly crush her ribs. When I found out that he was going to be euthanized I cried. I cried because I couldn't be there for her, and I could see that she was really struggling, I cried because I couldn't give Buster one last hug, I cried because never again, when I pulled away from that hug, would I have his tree bark-brown hair completely covering my body, I cried because there would never ever be any way to replace him. All I could do was tell Sarah how much I loved her, and tell her that I would buy her a puppy named pa hoe' hoe'. I mean, animals in pain and death sadden me to know end. This is the girl who didn't finish the book Marley and Me, because that way Marley lives forever. This is dedicated to Buster, who I'm going to believe is in heaven, running around on an endless walk, and meals of cheese and peanut butter forever.

What made my day: Accomplishable goals. I'm going to start this new thing, where I set a goal for myself every week.  I only have to do that thing for one week( I'm not saying that I will never do it again, but I have to do it for at least that week). This makes certain things more obtainable and achievable, which is really nice. Goals like, work out every day, clean my room, everyday, make my bed every day, try to contact one professor for research every day. I'll pick the thing out of hat every wekk and do it. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try and I could use the motivation. Plus, if I do accomplish my goal, it will make me feel like I am useful, I can actually do something. I always feel like a quitter, and this may make me feel like less of a quitter, and more of a dedicated winner. This week, I make my bed everyday, next week I solve world hunger. I'm telling you, there's not that much of a difference. Purdue has this new publicity campaign called "I am a maker." Well, doing this thing will make me a goal maker. And then it will make me a goal completer. I feel all motivated just writing this right now, and I feel that I can do anything. I mean, I guess we'll see how long this feeling lasts, but hey, I'll take what I can get. This may not be the most fascinating of ideas, but the way it makes me feel is fascinating. I will do whatever it takes, and I want to hold on to this motivated feeling for as long as I can. Now, I have to go cure cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment